How can we help you?

If you are a next of kin, you will need the following documents:

  • Death certificate
  • Photo ID (eg. driving licence or passport)
  • Proof of address

You may also need a Grant of Representation (England & Wales) or Certificate of Confirmation (Scotland). We will let you know if this is required in the condolence letter.

If you are notifying us of a death outside of the UK, we'll need a certified translation.

If you are a solicitor, you will need:

  • Death Certificate
  • Law society number
  • If you are an un-regulated solicitor, we will require a letter of authorisation from the next of kin/executor to say that you are authorised to act on their behalf
  • We will need to be made aware if there is an existing will

Ask Cora

Cora can help you with a wide range of queries and show you how to do your banking.

Available 24/7

Find Cora in the mobile app, Online Banking or our website