Ask a question

What are you covered for when taking out business cover?

Buildings cover is based on what it would cost to rebuild your home, not what it is valued at. Rebuild costs are usually less than purchase prices.If your home is damaged or destroyed by fire, flooding or subsidence, your building insurance will generally cover the cost of repairs.

However, some policies may exclude flood damage and subsidence or have a very much higher excess level for these claims, so check yours, especially if you think your home may be at risk.