Ask a question

What does home insurance cover?

There are different levels of cover, but in its most basic sense home contents should cover your belongings against damage or loss caused by fire and theft. Some policies also cover you for accidental damage or allow you to add this to your policy.

We have more and more personal gadgets in our lives these days: mobile phones, digital cameras, mp3 players and games consoles. These personal possessions are not always covered by contents insurance, and if they are, they may only be covered while inside the home. You might want to look for a policy that covers personal possessions outside of the home as well. Find out more about our home insurance (opens in a new window).

NatWest insurance team
Home insurance: 0800 051 5450
Renters insurance: 0345 301 5719
Minicom: 0800 404 6161
Open Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm and Bank Holidays 9am - 5pm (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day and Easter Sunday)