Looking for answers
Ask a question

How can I use my spouse/civil partner's ISA allowance?

At this difficult time you can request to make use of your spouse/civil partner's ISA allowance after they have passed away. This is known as an Additional Permitted Subscription (APS).

This means that your ISA allowance can be increased by the amount that your spouse or civil partner held in ISA(s). However it is only the allowance which can be transferred, not the actual sum of money within your spouse/civil partner's ISA(s).

If you wish to request this additional allowance then please contact us using the appropriate telephone number or form below.

Please note: Your APS must be claimed within certain time limits, after this time any remaining allowance will be lost. For Cash ISAs the APS is available for up to 3 years from the date of death. For Stocks & Shares in specie transfers, the limit is 180 days from the date of distribution of the estate of your spouse/civil partner.

You can also transfer your APS from other financial institutions, by completing the relevant section of the request form below.

Find out more about Additional Permitted Subscription.

Cash ISAs

Complete the Cash ISA APS request form (PDF, 200kb) or contact our Bereavement Service Team (opens in a new window) for more information.

Stocks and Shares ISAs

ISAs provided by NatWest Collective Investment Funds Limited

Fund Policies (opens in a new window)

Discretionary Portfolio Investment Services ISAs

Please call 0551 658 1206

Structured Investment Plan ISAs

Please call 0551 658 1206

Self Select ISAs

Please call 0345 601 5600

Your Portfolio funds held within a Standard Life Wrap ISA

Please call 0551 658 1206